Smart Solutions works with entrepreneurs and start-ups, mid-size businesses, and Fortune 500 companies to solve problems. We work with employers to identify business needs. We learn your culture and speak your language. The result – you only see candidates with the specialized skills that make productive teams and successful projects.
Smart Solutions was founded in 1996 by Jackie Mortell and Joel Fangmann. Jackie was the first Smart Solutions consultant, working as a software developer.
For our consultants, we provide a career with stability and flexibility, the opportunity to grow professionally and the chance to experience different business environments without hopping from job to job.
Smart Solutions has made it a priority to always put people first. Our team of consultants has grown to over 140 – many who’ve been with us for more than ten years (some over 15)!
It is our company’s vision to:
- Be the technology staffing firm of choice for clients and consultants
- To be the most effective firm at servicing our clients
- To be the most dedicated to the success of our consultants
- To enjoy our work, our lives and our families
We help great people find great jobs!
- Madison Region Economic Partnership Inc. (MADREP Tab)
At Smart Solutions, we understand that engaged employees can be an employer’s biggest asset. Our team of recruiting professionals carefully select and vet the most highly qualified IT consultants for each position. Smart Solutions recruits and hires consultants and employees who fit the Smart Solutions’ principles:
- Committed to integrity, excellence and quality
- Professional in all interactions
- Experts in their field of work
- Dedicated to client success
Add specialized skills to your team on an as-needed basis to keep up with project deadlines and maximize productivity. Our information technology consulting experts are available on demand.
Evaluate a candidate at your location to assess skills and fit before extending an offer. Contract-to-hire staffing offers flexibility for HR.
Let us provide you with HR services to find your next FTE employee. We find, attract and screen the best people, presenting only the most qualified candidates for you to choose from.
Proven leaders can be hard to come by. Working with an experienced recruiter can increase your chances of success. We devote ourselves to finding executives who can inspire your team to greatness.
Smart provides candidates with the right mix of technical knowledge and business savvy.Madison-based communications firm
Smart Solutions takes the time to understand what we need. They understand our environment and provide us with candidates that fit us.Madison-based online retail firm
I’m never surprised when I call Smart Solutions. I rely on them to provide the expertise I need at a reasonable price.Dane County telecommunications firm
Smart Solutions understands the qualities that I’m looking for; hard working, dedicated, skill sets. They are invested in my success.Madison-based insurance company
Supplier to the Defense Industry:
No, never supplied to the defense industry
Number of Employees:
- Woman Owned
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Defense Industry Supply Chain
- Energy Systems
- Food and Beverage
- Forest Products-Packaging-Lumber
- Lakeshore Manufacturing Cluster
- Marine Manufacturing
- Water Industry - Technology or Manufacturing
- Wisconsin Wind Works
Markets Interested in Serving
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Agriculture Equipment
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Energy: Compressed Natural Gas
- Energy: Oil and Gas
- Food and Beverage (FAB)
- Medical Devise Manufacturing
- Mining Equipment
- Paper Converting
- Renewable Energy: Biofuels or Biogas
- Renewable Energy: Wind Energy
- Transportation Manufacturing
- Water Technology or Manufacturing
- Employment Agencies / HR Services
- IT: Networking, Programming, Coding, Digital Design
- Professional and Business Services