Badger Mining Corporation (BMC) is committed to producing high quality industrial sand products, operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner, and ensuring the health and wellness of our associates and of the communities in which we operate. The sand and coated sand products produced by BMC are used in a variety of industrial and environmental applications. Markets we serve include oil and gas production (hydraulic fracturing), metalcasting, construction, recreation, filter media, glass, and agriculture among others. BMC is also actively pursuing mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships in markets both outside and related to our core industries.
- The New North
Industrial sand and coated products
The origins of Badger Mining Corporation (BMC) began in 1949 when Clifford A. Chier opened a single sand mining operation near Fairwater, Wisconsin; originally called the C.A. Chier Sand Company. In 1979, Clifford retired and his son, Russell Chier, and son-in-law, George Hess, formed a new partnership and incorporated as Badger Mining Corporation. The company has remained a family-owned business to this day. The company currently employs about 325 associates, including members of the fourth generation of the Chier and Hess families. In 2015, Atlas Resin Proppants merged into Badger Mining Corporation. This merger brought resin coated sand into BMC’s product portfolio.
BMC offices are located in Berlin and Taylor, WI. Our four sand processing facilities are located in Fairwater, Taylor, and Alma Center, WI, and Kermit, TX; and our three coating facilities are located in Taylor and Merrillan, WI. Additionally, we lead a large network of distribution facilities throughout North America.
1997 - “Wisc. Business Friend of the Environment” Award
2006 - Sentinels of Safety Program Safety Trophy
2009 - #1 Best Small Company to Work For in America
2010 - Manufacturer of the Year Award
2018 - Certified-Great Place to Work Recognition
· Wisconsin Industrial Sand Association (WISA)
· Industrial Sand Producers of Texas (ISPOT)
· ISO 9001 Quality Management
· Environmental Management System (EMS)
└ Functionally Equivalent to ISO 14001
Supplier to the Defense Industry:
No, never supplied to the defense industry
Number of Employees:
Export Countries: Mexico, Canada, Japan, Argentina
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Energy Systems
- Lakeshore Manufacturing Cluster
- Marine Manufacturing
- Water Industry - Technology or Manufacturing
- Wisconsin Wind Works
- Green Tier
- ISO 9001
- Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing
- Construction and Installation (incl. construction materials)
- Manufacturing Coatings: Paint, Plating, Powder Coating, Etc.
- Industrial sand
Interested In Categories:
- Construction & Installation / Architects & Design (incl. construction materials)
- Engineering, Scientific and Technical Services
- Logger, Timber Harvesting
- Manufacturing: Automation Technology
- Manufacturing: Metals - Foundries and Forges, Steel
- Sustainability - Recycling services and materials
- Transportation, Logistics, Warehousing
- Utilities, Power Generation & Distribution
- Tier two companies are the key suppliers to tier one suppliers, without supplying a product directly to OEM companies. However, a single company may be a tier one supplier to one company and a tier two supplier to another company, or may be a tier one supplier for one product and a tier two supplier for a different product line.