5/21/19 APICS Milwaukee Announces Globally Recognized Supply Chain Certification Classes Starting in September 2019
Posted by: APICS Milwaukee
Location: Greater Milwaukee Area
APICS Milwaukee Chapter is hosting instructor-led globally recognized certification classes starting in September 2019 to help local individuals improve their supply chain efforts and grow in their careers!
Per the 2019 Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM) SUPPLY CHAIN COMPENSATION AND CAREER SURVEY REPORT, a research report comprised of data from more than 1,700 U.S. supply chain professionals, “the median salary for people with at least one APICS certification is 25% higher than those without.”
The key findings from the report included:
- SALARIES ARE ON THE RISE: The median salary for supply chain professionals in 2018 was $80,000, up from $78,000 in 2017. Annual average raises increased to 4.2%, up from 3% in 2017. Respondents who supervise others reported significantly higher salaries.
- JOB STABILITY IS STRONG: Most respondents stayed with their current companies. Over half remained in their current position, nearly a quarter were promoted and 13% moved laterally within their company.
- FAVORABLE WORK/LIFE BALANCE: Nearly all respondents receive holiday pay and 80% have three weeks or more of paid time off. More than half are offered flexible schedules and can work from home if needed.
- GENDER SALARY GAP CLOSING: The gap between men’s and women’s salaries appears to be narrowing, especially for those under 40.
- JOB SATISFACTION: An overwhelming majority of respondents are very or extremely satisfied with their jobs.
- APICS CERTIFICATION PAYS OFF: The median salary for respondents with at least one APICS certification is 25% higher than those without a certification.
The globally recognized APICS certification programs below are being offered by APICS Milwaukee starting in September 2019. All classes are taught by local Supply Chain experts to help professionals get certified in 2019!
- CPIM BASICS (CERTIFIED IN PRODUCTION AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT) – The perfect introductory course for production and inventory management personnel and CPIM candidates. This is the recommended first course in the APICS CPIM program.
- CPIM PART II – The second part of the CPIM certification workshop designed for comprehensive professional development and exam preparation for CPIM certification.
- CSCP (CERTIFIED SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL): The CSCP designation is the most sought-after certification by supply chain professionals around the globe seeking to achieve mastery and recognition in their field.
- CLTD (CERTIFIED LOGISTICS, TRANSPORTATION AND DISTRIBUTION): The CLTD program helps you demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a broad range of supply chain logistics topics to set you apart from your peers. Elevate awareness, professionalism, and knowledge/skills of Logistics, Transportation & Distribution practitioners.
APICS Milwaukee is the premier professional association for supply chain management, helping over 180 Milwaukee area companies represented by approximately 500 members, with educational and networking opportunities.